- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move and sweat in.
- Dance barefoot or in dance shoes. Dancing in socks can be very slippery and is not recommended.
- Have your water bottle filled and available.
- Clear a space as big as possible to move in. Be mindful of possible obstacles, especially rugs and table corners.
- If dancing with your family or roommates, respect a no-touch practice or have a dialogue beforehand to discuss whether they want to be touched or not in their practice. We are a community rooted in consent.
- If this is your first time practicing 5Rhythms, simply follow the music and the teachers verbal guidance. There is no “right” way to move, just simply your way.
For optimal sound – we suggest connecting bluetooth, stereo speakers, or your TV to your computer.
While computer audio works fine, the experience is elevated if you connect real speakers. You can test your sound before class by playing any on-demand video in the library.
To truly release into your practice, we encourage letting go of computer & phone screens.
Turn off your cell phone and computer notifications + close other apps and windows.
If it’s important for you to see and be seen in community, join the optional Zoom room (link will be available on class page during broadcast). The music/sound will not stream through Zoom. You must have the stream page open to actually hear the class. Please consider the Zoom room sacred dance space.
If dancing on zoom, we recommend turning off your ability to see your own video on your screen. This creates a closer to life experience where we can’t constantly see our own reflection while practicing. Others can still see your video feed, but you can’t see you. To change this setting, right-click your video to display the menu, then choose Hide Myself.